I first met Aleyna Porreca, Assistant Brewer at Storm Peak Brewing Company in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, when she was a freshman at New Vista High School in Boulder. Her excitement for living from then until now has not changed. But what has, is her path. Becoming a brewer may not have been in her plans as a 14-year-old, but now in her mid-20’s this bad ass teen has become a bad ass brewer.
Powered by RedCircle
Her love of the outdoors, education, travel and beer has made for an interesting and exciting life. From living in teepees in the middle of winter to traveling the world with her family for seven months, this bad ass woman is sure to inspire you to live your Stout Life
Oh, the places we went!
- Storm Peak Brewing Company – Steamboat Springs, CO
- Mountain Tap Brewery – Steamboat Springs, CO
- Rabbit Ears Pass – boondocking in the beautiful forest just outside of Steamboat
- In-Town Trails and Emerald Mountain – mountain biking in Steamboat
Oh, the beers we drank!
- Chowder Hazy IPA from Storm Peak
- Maestro IPA from Storm Peak
- Money Trees IPA from Storm Peak
- Chasing Sunset Golden Ale on Nitro from Mountain Tap
- Mountain Macaroon Brown Ale from Mountain Tap
- Cottonwood Institute – nonprofit focusing on outdoor and environmental education
- Mission:Wolf – nonprofit focusing on environmental education, sustainable practices, and wolf sanctuary and education
- Earth Knack – nonprofit focusing on primitive survival skills
PRO TIP: When possible, please check ahead anywhere you go. Many places are re-opening, but some may not be. Due to the C-word, you need to be prepared for restrictions and closures. Be flexible.
Like the podcast?
Buy us a beer.
Let us know you did just that, and we’ll put together a virtual happy hour with you. We’d love to see your smiling faces.
“Ken and April do a fantastic job of mixing the culture of beer and adventure into something akin to a fine barrel-aged sour. They are wise beyond their years. Loving this podcast and it will be on our weekly playlist for SURE!”TheDogInUs
While the brewers at Storm Peak weren’t able to make it on our podcast regarding the Black is Beautiful Beer Initiative, they are brewing it and currently have it on tap. If you haven’t heard about this beer that is creating a conversation and action around social injustice towards black, indigenous, and people of color, listen now. We’ve got several brewers involved in this initiative, along with Marcus B, the innovative mind behind it.
Click here to also check out our video interview of Rob, the head brewer at Storm Peak.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST TODAY!
- Owen X Pishna and Kumquat Asterson, two talented brothers, for creating the show’s theme music
- A Fearless Venture for assisting Ken with the stunning logo design and for putting up with our crap about SEO. Thanks, Teresa and Brian!