If Living a Stout Life had a BFF, it just might be Trails2Ales, fellow podcasters. This week we’ve got some tales of gratitude with Kevin and Ken from Trails2Ales, a passion project focusing on…you guessed it beer and biking, or better yet…trails and ales.
With both of them stationary on the east coast in Virginia, we get to learn a bit more about east coast biking trails, east coast breweries, and some of the joy (sarcasm) that the C-word has wreaked upon them.
Powered by RedCircle
Working full time jobs, raising family, these two still create time to follow their passions of mountain biking, seeking great craft beer, and creating community through a variety of trail organizations and breweries, while sharing it with others through their podcast, Trails2Ales.
Learning all about their evolution from videos to podcasting to biking with bears (yes bears) and deer, trail sustainability, and their favorites on the east coast, Kevin and Ken will both educate and entertain.
Find them at:
on Instagram, Facebook, and anywhere you listen to Podcasts!
Oh, the places we went!
- Vasen Brewing Company – Richmond, VA
- Fairwinds Brewing Company – Lorton, VA
- Aslin Beer Co – Alexandria, VA
- Rar Brewing – Cambridge, MD
- Bike Lane Brewing & Cafe – Reston, VA
- Oozlefinch Beers & Blending – Ft. Monroe, VA
- Dixie Liquor – Washington, DC
Oh, the trails we rode!
Oh, the beers we drank!
- Juice-Z New England IPA from Lift Bridge Brewing Company in Stillwater, MN
- Helles Lager from Aslin Beer Co in Alexandria, VA
- Baltic Sunrise by Hardwood Park Craft Brewery in Richmond, VA
- Trailforks – for all your mountain biking trails, routes, reviews, etc.
- Mid-Atlantic Off Road Enthusiasts (MORE) – IMBA
PRO TIP: When possible, please check ahead anywhere you go. Many places are re-opening, but some may not be. Due to the C-word, you need to be prepared for restrictions and closures. Be flexible.
Like the podcast?
Buy us a beer.
Let us know you did just that, and we’ll put together a virtual happy hour with you. We’d love to see your smiling faces.
“Ken and April do a fantastic job of mixing the culture of beer and adventure into something akin to a fine barrel-aged sour. They are wise beyond their years. Loving this podcast and it will be on our weekly playlist for SURE!”TheDogInUs
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST TODAY!
- Owen X Pishna and Kumquat Asterson, two talented brothers, for creating the show’s theme music
- A Fearless Venture for assisting Ken with the stunning logo design and for putting up with our crap about SEO. Thanks, Teresa and Brian!