Meet Debra and Barry Benton, friends, travelers, and fellow RV Lifers. These two not only live the RV life, but they have committed themselves to creating a community of RV and travel peeps through their business, The Virtual Campground.
On location, boondocking on BLM land just outside of Durango, we got together with these two former Texans, future Colorodoans, current comedians (at least Barry thinks so), and a few cows to keep us company.
Powered by RedCircle
Running away from their two kids (they’re in college), they sold their long-time family home, acquired a business or two here and there, and moved into their RV for six months. It’s been almost two years, and their adventure is far from over.
“You can stay in this house, and we can live here and die or we can go have an adventure.”Barry to Debra when they were deciding what to do.
Told with wit, humor, inspiration, and a bit of dry sarcasm, Barry and Debra aren’t your everyday empty-nesters. They are, in fact, more adventurous than many twenty-somethings we’ve met. If you’ve ever had the notion of moving into an RV, these two will make it seem like the most natural thing to do.
So grab a beer, pull up a chair, and learn all you need to know about making RV life a reality, and having a community to support you all along the way.
“If you wait until you know everything about what you’re going to do, you’ll never do it.“Barry and Debra – The Virtual Campground
The Craft Beer Adventure Journal
Get yours today to keep track of all the beers you drink, the people you meet, and the adventures you have.
Oh, the places we went and the beers we drank!
We’ve been hanging with these two beautiful people for the last few weeks. All we can say is pay a visit to all the breweries in the Salida, Buena Vista, and Durango areas of Colorado.
And since Debra and Barry spoke of two breweries by name, here you go:
- Guanella Pass Brewery – Georgetown, CO (one of our favorites)
- Lefthand Brewing Company – Longmont, CO
RV Inspiration Resources:
- The Virtual Campground – all your RV traveling and community resources in one place – join the community
- Benton Downs – photography workshops for beginners to advanced amateurs (every RV’er needs to know how to take beautiful photos)
- Keep Your Daydream – fellow RV’ers living their dreams
- Less Junk More Journey – fellow RV’ers – less is more
- Famagogo (the Holcombe family) – photographers, athletes, travelers
- The RV Entrepreneur – founders of the RVE Summit, educational podcasts and traveling courses.
PRO TIP: When possible, please check ahead anywhere you go. Many places are re-opening, but some may not be. Due to the C-word, you need to be prepared for restrictions and closures. Be flexible.
Like the podcast?
Buy us a beer.
Let us know you did just that, and we’ll put together a virtual happy hour with you. We’d love to see your smiling faces.
“Ken and April do a fantastic job of mixing the culture of beer and adventure into something akin to a fine barrel-aged sour. They are wise beyond their years. Loving this podcast and it will be on our weekly playlist for SURE!”TheDogInUs
Need more inspiration to move into an RV? How about a van? Click here for some van-lifin’ adventures with Jill and August Wheeler of Outside Nomad.
Our story is very similar to Barry and Debra’s, and we tell you exactly how we made the decision to move into an RV, and how we actually did it.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST TODAY!
- Owen X Pishna and Kumquat Asterson, two talented brothers, for creating the show’s theme music
- A Fearless Venture for assisting Ken with the stunning logo design and for putting up with our crap about SEO. Thanks, Teresa and Brian!