Curious as to how breweries are doing today during a pandemic? Wondering how and when they will ever open back up? From our travels and love of craft beer, we’ve met brewery owners, brewers, and many other brewery industry peeps, so we thought, “Why not bring you a candid conversation with some of the people we’ve met along the road? Why not have some beer with friends and find out what’s really going on in our beloved world of craft beer during COVID-19?”
They are working hard to brew beer, to open when they can, to continue building a community we all know, love, and can’t wait to get back to outside of Zoom calls. So, be good to people, be nice, be patient. We’re all going through this pandemic one way or another, it might as well be with friends over a good craft beer.
Powered by RedCircle
I’m grateful for the business we’ve got, but it’s definitely not the business I signed up for 10 years ago.Tim from Strange Craft
From conversations about birthdays, to opening new locations during a pandemic, to drinking Wild Turkey to dreaming of 2022, we’ve got insight into the world of craft beer through eyes of the people that help create our beloved beverage.
We hope you enjoy this panel of experts, that somehow have decided that they like us enough that we now consider them all friends.
Our Panel – Our Friends
- Steve Skalski, Owner
Guanella Pass Brewery
- Rose Schweikhart, Owner
Jimm Powell, Brewer
Superior Bathhouse Brewery
Hot Springs National Park, Hot Springs, AR
- Patrick Mulcahy, Owner
Paul Sink, Owner
Chris Horn, Brewer
Kettle & Spoke Brewery
- Allo Gilinsky, Journalist and Craft Beer Industry Employee
The Craft Beer Concierge and #DrinktheStory
Russian River Brewing Company
- Travis Smith, Brewmaster
- Tim Myers, Owner, Brewer, Head Janitor
Strange Craft Beer Company
Oh the places we went!
- All of the breweries above.
- Hogshead Brewery – Denver, CO
- Woodfour Brewing Company – Sebastopol, CA
- Crooked Goat Brewing – Sebastopol, CA
- Seismic Brewing Company – Sebastopol, CA
Oh, the beers we drank!
- Rule No. 1 Double IPA from Superior Bathhouse Brewery in Hot Springs, AR
- Pilsner Pirate Czech Pilsner from Guanella Pass Brewery in Georgetown, CO
- Cherry Kriek Lambic from Strange Craft Beer Company in Denver, CO
- Thai Wheat from Second Self in Atlanta, GA
- Starless Schwarzbier from Wiseacre Brewing Company in Memphis, TN
- Miller High Life
- Maker’s Mark
- Wild Turkey
We’ve met all of these peeps before and have interviewed them before the pandemic. Each and every one of them have great things to say. Give them a listen. You’ll understand why they are now our friends. All because we said hi to a stranger.
- Click here for Allo and The Craft Beer Concierge.
- Click here for Rose and Jimm at Superior Bathhouse.
- Click here for Patrick at Kettle & Spoke.
- Click here for Steve at Guanella Pass.
- Click here for Travis, Jim and Jean-Marie at Lazy G Brewhouse.
- Click here for Tim at Strange Craft.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST TODAY!
Coming Soon to Google Podcasts.
- Owen X Pishna and Kumquat Asterson, two talented brothers, for creating the show’s theme music
- A Fearless Venture for assisting Ken with the stunning logo design and for putting up with our crap about SEO. Thanks, Teresa and Brian!