Powered by RedCircle
“Keep the budget down and the fun up.”Thomas and Lizzy
Living on the road is like catching up with old friends all the time. And meeting back up again with Lizzy and Thomas in Alabama after meeting them for the first time in Baja, was no different. Working seasonal jobs keeps them busy but never too busy to tell us how they do that, travel, take care of their pup, and still live a life of adventure.
Some backstory, here. I had just finished producing the podcast episode where we sat with Lizzy and Thomas for the first time in Baja outside of a quaint bar and hotel called, Cielito Lindo, when I had the brilliant revelation that I should see what they were up to now. Now, being amidst the pandemic, early May. It was serendipitous! Just as we were getting ready to travel again and leave Gulf Shores, Thomas and Lizzy were doing the same and heading into Gulf Shores.
Grabbing some takeout food and beer to go we made plans to meet on the recently opened white sands of Alabama’s pristine beaches. Under the warmth of the sunny blue sky, surrounded by the sounds of kids playing and waves crashing, we caught up with friends, feeling almost normal.
It was so great to see fellow travelers and talk shop: travel, life on the road, Baja adventures, and how this friggin pandemic has both pissed us all off, yet slowed us down and managed to bring us together again. From one ocean to another, we hope you enjoy catching up with Thomas, Lizzy, and Umphrey as much as we did.
Oh, now go buy a van, grab your pup, maybe a surfboard or two, find a seasonal job in Baja, and start living.
Oh the places we went!
- Eddyline Brewery – Buena Vista, CO
- Next Stop Brew Co (formerly Intrepid Sojourner) – Denver, CO
- Crested Butte, CO – mountain biking and camping
- Buffalo Creek, CO – mountain biking and camping
- Bay of LA – Baja Sur
- Bay of Concepcion – Baja Sur
- El Pescadero – Baja Sur
- Todos Santos – Baja Sur
Oh, the beers we drank!
- Grapefruit Yanker IPA from Eddyline Brewery in Buena Vista, CO
- Turkish Coffee Stout from Next Stop Brew Co in Denver, CO
- Lyon Saison from Next Stop Brew Co in Denver, CO
Check out Part One with Lizzy and Thomas where we talk more about how they decided to start their van-life and follow their dreams of travel and adventure.
We’ve also got more on Baja:
Baja Beer and Travel Journal – Baja Stories from beginning to end
And a tour of Carini The Van – Click here to watch now.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST TODAY!
Coming Soon to Google Podcasts.
- Owen X Pishna and Kumquat Asterson, two talented brothers, for creating the show’s theme music
- A Fearless Venture for assisting Ken with the stunning logo design and for putting up with our crap about SEO. Thanks, Teresa and Brian!