Powered by RedCircle
Wander On Linger Often. The perfect life philosophy for Chattanooga, Tennessee and its beer and adventure scene. With the Tennessee River, the Appalachian Mountains, the Cumberland Gap, and so much more, this city is not one to miss on your travels to the South.
The Adventure Scene
For those of you that feel you need to earn your beer, that is not a problem here. From mountain biking and hiking to paddle boarding, kayaking, rafting, hiking, and climbing, there’s something for everyone.
Then you’ve got the famous (or infamous) Rock City, Ruby Falls, the Incline Railway at Lookout Mountain, Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park, and the entire town of Chattanooga to keep you busy exploring.
The Beer Scene
WanderLinger Brewing Company
I am. So we wandered…into several breweries, several restaurants, and even a distillery while here. One of our favorite places was WanderLinger Brewing Company. Because of the beer, of course, but more because of the story behind the beer. Brothers, Chris and Mike Dial opened WanderLinger in 2018 and have become a pillar in their community, hosting art showings, live music, and always a welcoming smile.
Loving the range of outdoor activities as much as we do, it was nice to sit, drink, and chat with Mike Dial, about many of the things we love in live: beer, the outdoors, and travel. Granted this original interview was about a year ago; however, even amidst a pandemic Mike and Chris plan on lingering in Chattanooga for quite awhile, keeping all of us wandering back.
Oh the places we went!
- WanderLinger Brewing Company
- Chattanooga Whiskey
- Odd Story Brewing Company
- Naked River Brewing Company
- Terminal BrewHouse
- The Tap House
Oh, the beers we drank!
- Colorado Strong Pale Ale from Woods Boss Brewing in Denver, CO
- No Root No Peacock Blonde Ale from Woods Boss Brewing in Denver, CO
- WanderLinger Lager Munich Helles German Lager
- 100 Day IPA West Coast Style
- King Salamander Russian Imperial Stout
- Hobb’s Cabin Porter
- Hillwalker Session IPA
- Invest in WanderLinger Brewing
- Invest in Brew Dog – Equity for Punks
- Chattanooga, Tennessee Visitor’s Guide
- The Incline Railway at Lookout Mountain
- Rock City Gardens
- Ruby Falls Cave Tours
- Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park
- Prentice Cooper State Forest Mountain Biking Trails
- Prentice Cooper State Forest Camping
PRO TIP: If traveling to Chattanooga anytime soon, please check ahead anywhere you go. Many places are re-opening, but some may not be. Due to COVID-19, you need to be prepared for restrictions and closures.
Our original interview with Mike was on camera and a part of our Stout Conversation series. If you are interested in seeing the taproom, the brewery, the art space, and stage along with the big white bear, click here to watch the video interview.
If you like hearing more about your favorite breweries and the people that built them, we’ve got you covered.
- From Woods Boss to Brewery Boss: Tales of Avalanches, Travel, and Nature
- A Candid Conversation with Brewery Owners During COVID-19
- Beer Born in a Barn
- Burning Man, Beer, and Breckenridge
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST TODAY!
Coming Soon to Google Podcasts.
- Owen X Pishna and Kumquat Asterson, two talented brothers, for creating the show’s theme music
- A Fearless Venture for assisting Ken with the stunning logo design and for putting up with our crap about SEO. Thanks, Teresa and Brian!